This one day course is for those delegates that have completed their 17th Edition course since the last amendment was published (yellow copy). The aim of this Course is to update your existing knowledge of the Wiring Regulations and inform you of the changes made from the 17th Edition Amendment 3 to the 18th Edition.
This is an intensive course which will cover the same topics as the three day course but mainly focuses on the differences between the 17th and 18th Editions.
- The legal status and association with statutory documents
- Scope, object and fundamental requirements for safety
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
- Preparation for City & Guilds 2382-18 exam
What are the key changes expected in the 18th Edition?
At present likely key changes include
- Protection against over voltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
- Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems
- Energy efficiency – There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
Assessment and certification
Online open book multiple choice examination – you will be able to refer to BS7671 (18th edition).
Please note the exam is not an “update” exam, the exam is the same full 2hr exam as sat by those doing the three day course.
- City & Guilds examination fees
- Comprehensive course notes
- Refreshments and a buffet lunch
|Courses starting from July 2018
Please contact for availability or more info