The IET’s current timetable is set for the 18th Edition to be published on 1st July 2018, however the design of electrical installations are not required to comply to the 18th Edition until January of 2019. This means until July 2018 you can only take a 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Course. Provided the 18th Edition is available and the City & Guilds exam is also available we will be running courses starting on Monday 9th July 2018.
We assume that from January 2019 scheme providers will be asking members to hold the 18th edition however we expect there to be some flexibility with existing members.
This three day course provides a comprehensive overview of all aspects of the 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS7671). The course is aimed at Electricians, Electrical Contractors, Domestic Installers as well as others who require a working knowledge of wiring regulations.
• The legal status and association with statutory documents
• Scope, object and fundamental requirements for safety
• Assessment of general characteristics
• Protection for safety
• Selection and erection of equipment
• Inspection and testing
• Special installations or locations
• Preparation for City & Guilds 2382-18 exam
What are the key changes expected in the 18th Edition?
At present likely key changes include
• Protection against over voltages – Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled.
• Protection against fire – Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
• Electrical Embedded heating – Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems.
• Energy efficiency – There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
Online open book multiple choice examination – you will be able to refer to BS7671 (18th edition)
- City & Guilds Examination Fees
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- Refreshments and Buffet Lunch
|Courses starting from July 2018
Please contact for availability or more info