City and Guilds 2396-01 is the replacement qualification for City and Guilds 2391-20. It is essentially at a higher qualification level than 2391-20 at Level 4.
This qualification is aimed at experienced electrical professionals, electro technical engineers and other experienced individuals that work in electrical contracting field, who have responsibility for the quality of the design, specification, installation and testing process.
- Introduction to statutory and non-statutory requirements relating to electrical design, construction and management.
- The design, construction and commissioning processes
- The fundamental principles for the design and installation of associated protective systems relating to electrical installations
- The factors that affect choice of sources and environmental technologies used within electrical installation design
- Applying design and verification procedures for single and poly phase electrical installations
- A project which covers the design of an electrical installation as specified by City & Guilds, this will take in excess of 25 hrs to complete. You will require BS 7671:2008, Guidance Notes No. 3 and the On-Site Guide.
- A 3hr written open book exam
In order to gain the qualification, candidates must pass each unit.
The 5 -day (normally delivered one day per week over a five week period) course prepares candidates to complete their design project and the written exam.
- City & Guilds Examination Fees
- Comprehensive Course Notes
- Refreshments and Buffet Lunch
Candidates should be experienced in electrical installation and ideally hold one of the following inspection & testing qualifications:
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Inspection & Testing Course or
- City & Guilds 2394 Initial Verification & Certification Course or
- City & Guilds 2395 Period Inspection & Testing Course
It is also strongly recommended that candidates have achieved the City & Guilds 2382 or similar qualifications which demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the 17th Edition.
If you are unsure of your suitability please contact us.
This course has an age restriction of 18 years or above.